Okay, first real contribution to Xith :
I thought it would be useful to refactor / make changes to Xith WEB Site.
Here's what I noticed (by order of importance) :
- The "Intro" page says :
you can also potentally access the underlying rendering API (usually OpenGL) by directally calling the OpenGL commands
It's not true, it's discussed in Issue #101
- Same thing in the Q1 of the FAQ
- In Q5 of the FAQ, it's been said that Xith has a loader interface. It may be true, however none of the loaders use it (apart from ASE loader, maybe)
- It would be useful to add a table of loaders capabilities in Q5 :
|ASE||3DS Max ASCII Format||YES||-||TransformGroup trees||com.xith3d.loaders.ase|
|3DS||3DS Max Binary Format||YES||-||-||org.xith3d.loaders.tds|
|MD3||Quake 3||YES||YES||-||Somewhere in Java Cool Dude's demos|
- I think the Q on the high resolution timer isn't really useful, but..
- Q9 about features should be replaced by a section in the Tiki that contains the "Features" post content
- Q10 isn't useful I think
- Q17 should be replaced by an article in the GSG
I could do the suggestions above if and only if I had permissions to modify tiki as I wanted. (Will?)
About GSG, I think it would be far better to split it and to give it better visibility. (And also to rename it, because we can write articles that treat advanced aspects of graphic programming, and then Getting Started
Guide isn't appropriate).
I'll see if I can do a tutorial "Model loading in Xith3D", showing all the methods of loading different file formats, special features, recommended export options from different programs, and so on.