Well I installed it, and the simple write demo compiled and everything seemed good - until I tried to actually run the damn thing. Kept giving me an empty list of avalible ports - but i stumbled across a post on the java.sun.com forums that explains that the install info is wrong
Apparently the .dll needs to sit in the \Program Files\jre\bin dir on an NT machine.
After that it seems to work ok, so they must have fixed whatever bug you bumped into Cas.
Unfortunatly i seem to have some problems with flow control. This is probably a problem with my GBA code though, information on the UART mode with the FIFO queue is minimal to say the least