Our Client is a Software developer and provider for Mobiles. They are looking for the following personnel:J2ME PROGRAMMER
Skills for Java (J2ME) Programmers
• Minimum 2 years J2ME midlets and/or embedded Java (Personal Java) development experience.
• Strong OO design experience.
• Proficient with MIDP 2.0/Nokia Series 60/Symbian UIQ development.
• Experience developing for J2ME-based or BREW-based target devices.
• Familiarity with telecommunication and messaging protocols such as WAP, OTA, HTTP, IMAP4, POP3, SMTP, Jabber etc.
• Experience with MMAPI (Mobile Media API), Mobile 3D graphics (JSR 184), JTWI (JSR 185), WMA (Wireless Messaging API), JAXRPC, JAXP, J2ME Web Services API (JSR 172), JSR 211 (Content Handler API).
• Hands-on experience with Design Patterns, XML, Web Services technologies and J2EE application servers is a definite plus.
• Proven track record of delivering MIDP applications on mobile devices
• Gaming industry experience a strong plus.
• Experience of MS Smartphone, PPC, PalmOS & Linux a strong plusJava Server Role
This is a senior software engineering level position that has a leadership role in defining and building the companies mobile software architecture. The candidate will be responsible for the full life cycle of development, including gathering requirements, specifying, designing, programming, debugging, integrating, and documenting high quality software for our products. A broad background in many software technologies is essential.
Responsibile for specific and varied server development; design and development of mobile application server, and other messaging software in a myriad of Solaris/Linux/NT/AIX environment, using J2EE, XML, .NET, Web Services, CORBA, Java/EJB/Servlets/JSP, and C/C++.
• Contribute to development of architectural and functional specifications as required by development manager.
• Contribute to development of product architecture and design as required by DM.
• Use necessary tools to enhance productivity and robustness of code (including but not limited to load-test, clustering software, debuggers, profilers, heap and API checkers,
• Participate in and/or lead code reviews as determined by DM.
• Document code thoroughly with comments, and outside the code with documentation (as required by DM).
• Use techniques such as unit testing and fault insertion to ensure reliability of code.
• Investigate new technologies which contribute to the development of products.
• Applicant must have knowledge of C/C++, Java/J2EE (JAAS, JCA, JMS), Apache STRUTS, SLIDES, ANT, CORBA, XML, Web Services.
• Experience in communication and messaging protocols (Wireless Village, SIMPLE, IMAP4, POP3, SMTP, Jabber, MMS, WebDAV)
• Ability to setup/configure/administer Oracle, MySQL, and other load-balancing/clustering software or hardware
• Strong OO Design, J2EE Design Patterns, UML.
• Knowledge of SMIL, 3GPP MMS/EMS, WAP, XHTML, SS7, GPRS, EDGE, CDMA
• Experience in application server cluster configuration/deployment/optimisation, and familiar with BEA Weblogic, IBM WebSphere, JBOSS, Visibroker ORB
• Experience in PocketPC 2002, Linux, Palm, Symbian/UIQ/Series 60 development would be an advantage
• Hands-on experience with Eclipse SWT and has done a mid-sized Java desktop application
• BS or MSc in Computer Science, or related field
• At least 5+ years software engineering experience
• Strong with Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming, understanding and application of J2EE design patterns
• Experience with Linux/SOLARIS/NT/AIX
• Experience with SQL data modeling and relational databases e.g. Oracle, MySQL, IBM DB2
• Web application development experience and understanding of multi-tier client-server environments
• Understanding of system analysis and design concepts, including structured project methodologies, database design, and requirements gathering
• Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written with demonstrated success in a team environment
• Organized, detail-oriented, and deadline driven
• Can work independently and in a team environment
Both positions are based in the companies Scotland office. Please forward resumes with salary expectations to email@example.com