Games in Android Showcase (119)
games submitted by our members
Games in WIP (577)
games currently in development
News: Read the Java Gaming Resources, or peek at the official Java tutorials

Home     Help   Search   Login   Register   
Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print  
  RPG/Turn-based Strategy  (Read 2141 times)
Offline Clappingman

Junior Newbie

Projects: 1

« Posted 2005-09-20 06:22:49 »

Well it's not quite a finishable game as it stands. But combat works, items work to a degree (but don't do anything) Buildings are like holliwood buildings, look nice but don't do anything yet. Movement speed depends on the terrain. Saving games I should probably implement as with the particular way I implemented map saving I don't think it will take much work. Graphics are raytraced/mouse drawn by me.

I am having problems with getting winamp to play normally while the game is playing, which is odd, as I don't use any music or sound whatsoever. and I need some help with finding some webspace for hosting.

SShots:

Offline anarchotron

Junior Duke

...precious bodily fluids.

« Reply #1 - Posted 2005-09-20 13:34:17 »

I really like the art style of the game... like playing/making games on paper as a kid.

There's all kinds of neat things you can do with it to, like a realtime eraser effect that kindof smudges a bit as you erase something (maybe when something is killed).  And you can do event 'particles' with little streaks of color as if you were using a marker or crayon.  For instance if you score a hit, your opponent might have zip-zip-zip some little strokes of a red marker for blood show up for a few frames then fade away.
Offline kappa
« League of Dukes »

JGO Kernel

Medals: 78
Projects: 15

★★★★★

« Reply #2 - Posted 2005-09-20 18:57:37 »

I need some help with finding some webspace for hosting.

try http://www.javagamesfactory.org for hosting the game!
Pages: [1]
  ignore  |  Print