If you are still looking for a 3D applet renderer those informations could interest you.
First version of 3DzzD API soon available at http://dzzd.net
: alpha tests began yesterday and beta release will be downloadable in about 3-4 weeks, first version will include the followings features:3DzzD limitations and features:3DS loading :
material,hierarchy, smoothing group,mesh,camera,lightsMaterial:
- Diffuse: diffuse map, detail map, alpha,( light maps : by combinaison of diffuse and detail map), perpixel mipmapping, 2*2 anisiotropie, bilinear filtering.
- Specular: color, power,level with real phong shading (only one light in first release)Scene management:
- Hierarchy between mesh,camera,light as in 3DS file
- Time-based 3D animation : mesh/camera/light
- Time-based material animaion: alpha, color, specular
- Time-based : mapping animation
- Clipping box : xmin,ymin,zmin,xmax,ymax,zmax
- Camera : zoom, FOV, screen size, zclipping. Others:
- Skybox : can be export->import from terragen software
- Double buffering
- Perfect zBuffer
- Unlimited world size (double precision)
- Collision detection and response (Time-based!)
- Fully java1.1 compatible sun and microsoft JVM
- Streaming textures and objects loading possible even at runtime
- Small applet size (less than 50ko for first beta release)
- Perfect perspective for lighting and texture : interpolated with 1/z
- Free for non-commercial
- And also Very simple to use!
More features will come with other release like fogging, Env-mapping, etc...