Sr. Software Engineer - Device Applications - Mobile - Los Angeles, CA
Job ID: MO-041405-AI01 send resume to:
webhires at yahoo.com
Infospace is a publicly held company (NASDAQ: INSP) and is well positioned for growth with market positions in several high-growth areas, a seasoned management team with proven track records, and a strong balance sheet. Infospace offers a dynamic workplace environment and a company culture centered on understanding and satisfying customer needs, taking initiative to identify and solve problems, respecting customers, partners and fellow employees and delivering excellence in products, services and results.
About the Infospace Mobile Division
Infospace Mobile is a leading provider and publisher of mobile content and applications that make it possible for media companies and content brands to reach a wide audience of wireless subscribers with compelling content and marketing promotions. Infospace Mobile's rich catalogue of entertainment, information and personalization applications is designed to accelerate widespread adoption of mobile data applications by consumers.
These applications and services can be managed and delivered through Infospace Mobile's delivery platform that provides carrier grade solutions harmonized across all leading mobile technologies, networks and devices.
Essential Job Duties
• Design and develop innovative applications for wireless handsets for North American and European markets.
• Work with Product- and Program management on gathering user requirements.
• Provide project estimation and LOE.
• Design methodologies for rapid deployment to multiple handsets.
• Supervise other software engineers on per-project basis.
• Research and introduce the latest innovations in wireless technologies.
Required Skills, Education & Experience
• BS or MS in Computer Science or related engineering field.
• 7+ years in software development
• 3+ years in constrained device development
• 2+ years in leading software development teams
• Proficiency in J2ME, BREW, Symbian, C++, J2EE Architecture, Web Services
• Proven track record of commercially deploying J2ME and BREW applications
• Experience with wireless protocols such as WAP, SMS, MMS, WAP Push
• Experience in Multimedia and Streaming technologies
• Experience with object-oriented analysis and design methodologies