Just getting going with coding today. So far, though, posted an excerpt of a composition of mine on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjkqQ9hQPQY
It is a piano rendition of a woodwind quartet accompaniment to a silent film, an old horror classic called "Der Golem" (1920). It starts off slow as preparations are made, then gets going when the spell starts. If you check it out, you'll see some neat pyrotechnic/smoke effects for the time. About 3+ minutes long.
Also, tested the data in a table I found on the correspondence between numbers used for the "modulation amplitude" on a synth (DX7S) and on the supposed resulting "modulation index", and how that MI sounds on in the FM synthesizer I wrote. It isn't matching up as expected. But it is consistent and something that can be worked with. So, file under "something wrong with theory:implementation match" and move on.
When I was getting the music ready for the posted video (two weeks ago), I was doing a LOT of MIDI editing. In the process, I worked out an innovative idea or two on how to edit MIDI key velocity data more efficiently, in relationship to measures and meters. I think it could lead to a useful editing tool for sound track composers. The functionality doesn't exist yet as a feature of any DAW that I know of.
But looking into VST programming (did this last week) was discouraging. There is a big learning curve and it is mostly being done with C++. I might be able to (I WANT to) use some of the concepts in my own audio library. But making a marketable VST requires meeting someone* with VST programming chops.
*Would be interested in meeting such a person for collaboration.