I found this app a while back but never really got into it.
Today I felt a little graphically inspired so I bought a stylus and I was dead set on using this program. I busted it open and bam to my surprise, it had everything I could have ever asked for.
- Layered Sprites
- Fully-capable drawing tools (Though very basic)
- Links directly to your dropbox
- Onion skins for animation
- TileMap editor and exports to .CSV files. (Little strange but if you made an engine to load them this could be really useful)
- A timeline where you can draw frames, and watch your animation in real time! (Coolest feature right here!)
- And much much more
This thing is honestly the greatest. And now I'm starting to sound like an advertisement but seriously guys check this app out. It's literally amazing.
Here's the link: http://terriblegames.com/spriteSomething/
(It costs a bit but trust me, its worth every penny)