Before I entered the thread I saw its title, "DemolitionFX", and though "Cool hopefully it's a game built with JavaFX, I have been wanting to see what a good JavaFX game looks/ feels like."
To my delight it was a JavaFX based game!
- Interesting gameplay.
- Overall the presentation is very good except for my critisisms below. The Level Summary screen is very well presented (Good font and colour use).
- The use of physics in the game is very cool.
- Good use of sound effects.
- My biggest critisism would definately be that many of the graphics seem streached and as a result have bad artifacts on them. For example: The Monkey, Lazer and Screaming Baby images in the Tools. Even the fonts sometimes look streched to me.
- I don't like the look of the blue Tool buttons - the use of gradients and highlights looks bad in my opinion, although it's probably better than a pain blue button.
Bad due to JavaFX (Maybe):
- Frame rates don't look very smooth. Example: Tools sliding in or a building falling.
- Doesn't feel responsive. Sometimes mouse clicks don't seem to register.
I may post more as I play the game more.
Overall definately well done on this project!