@ra4king: PM sent
You can then post your feedback here to share with others, as there is no risk to have a spoiler on the non existant scenario of the game
Here is the feedback from Longarmx with my answers in blue:
So first, let me tell you that this game is amazing! It's one of the best games I've played in a while, and I'm glad I got this opportunity to test this for you.
Here are some minor issues/thoughts I had:Editor:=> For the editor most of your questions find an answer in the help page available when clicking on the "?" icon in the right part of the toolbar
- I would like some way to rotate objects and other items with some keyboard keys (like q & e)=> see help
- To me, rotation is backwards (ccw). Perhaps there should be an option to have rotations either clockwise or counter-clock wise)?=> indeed, I'll find a way to fix this without messing everything up (need to keep compatibility with the existing maps ), but it should be easy
- I think that the scroll wheel should allow you to zoom (or some other control). I zoomed out with the zoom button, but could not figure out how to zoom back in.=> see help
- Maybe some sort of undo / redo functionality?=> I know it's missing but it's kinda hard to implement, particularly now because the editor is not coded in a way that makes this easy. So I won't do it before release but I clearly need to think about it for a future update.
- There should be some sort of picking functionality, where you can select an object in the world instead of having to find it in the inventory on the left.=> see help for switching between creation/selection. Otherwise it's possible to select an item on the map, and then click on the "use as creation brush" button in the bottom right part of the editor
- When choosing a particle effect, maybe there should be a preview of the effect rather than just a black box.=> indeed I shoud try to find a way to do this (the way I create these thumbnails makes it a bit difficult to do with the particles because they are animated )If you think the help page is not clear on some points, please tell me Game:
- In my opinion, the text that shows who you killed should be white, and the text that shows you who killed you should be red. (so just switched around)=> you're right, that's fixed
- It would be nice to have some sort of audio indication that the game is about to end. (Like "A player is about to win!")=> true, I'll see to it, there's the same kind of message in quake3 now that I think about it (2 frags left ... 1 frag left ...)
- In the map "dm12 M," the small room with the two blasters and health is way op.
Every game that I camped in there, I won.=> true, I'll see what I can do Menu:
- The confirmation box (when you're quitting a game) doesn't fit the style of all the other menus. (It's light gray and not transparent)oh man I changed this so many times lol I can't find a color/theme that is nice and remains readable I should try again but I clearly agree on this!
- In the credits, libraries is spelled wrong => oups, fixed
Once again, I am very glad that I could test this for you, so I hope you don't feel like I didn't enjoy the game, because it was amazing!Thanks a lot for your feedback, that's very valuable to me. You didn't tell anything so I conclude that you did not had any crash/issue with the game or editor ? That's good news