So, I was messing around in some of my old projects when I decided to open up my 3D world again. I played around a bit, and I realized how much better it would look with larger, less repetitive land masses. So, I just increased the persistence and number of octaves. However, that made each tile a bit too jagged for my liking, so I decided to implement a smoothing algorithm. I think at the moment it does more harm than good, but at least it's trying.
Next step would be to get cross-chunk smoothing working (which should be trivial) and tuning; but it's late, I'm tired, and have to be up early tomorrow...so I'm going to call it a night! Some screenshots for proof of my ramblings...
Edit: It's crazy that I haven't worked on this for over six months!