Wanted: Strong Software Development manager
US firm launching a start-up company for Indian Operations seeking talented software developer with the potential of becoming CTO in due course. The candidate needs to have 5-6 years experience in developing J2EE software. The candidate should have demonstrated the ability to architect, build and deliver complex, real time web based applications in the fields of media, retail, entertainment or gaming. Experience in using SDLC methodologies and documentation is a must and the candidate must have had experience in managing teams of highly skilled developers and technical infrastructure experts.
The start-up of Indian Operations is on a tight timeline and the selected candidate will have to fit in well with the highly qualified and motivated team already in place. The total salary and compensation package will be competitive and will include stock options for achievement of pre-agreed development milestones. As the operation is being newly launched, initial work will be out of temporary offices in the NCR region until development is re-located to Mumbai/Chennai within the first 1-2 months.
We are looking for someone who is excited by the idea of developing an innovative online entertainment/gaming product for the large Indian Domestic and Overseas market. The right candidate will become a part of the core team and have the opportunity to lead the technical direction of software as the company grows to launch International Operations.
If interested, please write back with detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* 7 Years experience developing/architecting software applications using objected oriented methodology.
* Familiar with modeling tools such as Rational Rose and/or Erwin.
* 2 to 3 years working experience as a software architect overseeing and directing the development of J2EE applications.
* Experience developing applications using any development methodology such as RUP, Extreme, Agile, Waterfall.
* Experience working in and setting up development groups in a startup environment.
* Experience integrating applications with third party payment providers.
* Experience building application using Java and middleware J2EE servers such as Tomcat and Weblogic.
* Experience designing and building database intensive applications. Oracle database applications experience absolutely essential.
* Experience building high transaction web applications.
* Familiarity with data and report centric applications is a plus.
* Experience working with reporting tools such as Oracle reports and Crystal reports is a plus.
* Awareness of system level and web network fundamentals
* Responsible for creating detailed design specification for application components based on business requirements and conceptual designs
The candidate should have a proficiency in the following:
* Java/J2EE: JDK 1.4, 5.0 ,JSP 1.2/2.0, Servlets, JDBC, JTA, Java Script, Web frameworks such as Struts and/or JSF, XML, SAX, DOM
* Middleware: EJB 1.1/2.0 and Transaction concepts
* Database: Oracle 8i/9i/10g
* IDE: Eclipse based
Knowledge of following is required:
* JAAS, Web application security concepts.
* ORM Tools: Hibernate
* J2EE Framework: Spring
* Management of Webservers such as Apache Tomcat, Weblogic Express.
* Configuring SSL using digital certificates.
* UML Modelling Tools: Rational Rose or any other.
* Any database modeling tool.
* O/S: Windows, Linux, Unix
* Integration with payment gateways.
* Configuration Management tools such as CVS, Rational clearcase, Subversion etc.
* Build and Testing: Ant, JUnit, TestNG
* Scale Testing tools and methodologies.
Knowledge of following is desirable
* SOAP Webservices
* Management of application servers such as Weblogic and IBM Websphere.
* Shell scripting
* Setting up high availability, high volume, clustered web application.