Honestly, it was not very hard to port except for the part using the new native windowing factory. It just works fine. It only uses JOGL 2.0, I disabled the both native custom wrappers. Worldwind is already able to work with Ardor3D, I'm not sure their users are interested in some sort of Java3D integration. It is available on Harvey's github account but he forgot to commit some files :s
Hey, cut me some slack....I got all the code committed, must have been too excited reading the changes.
In any event, I've gotten it up and running here, looking forward to beating on it for a few days and seeing what
kind of performance/stability it has.