I was wondering if any more beginnery types might have some more technical questions?
Well, I totally 100% fit the bill in the "beginnery" aspect. I've been programming in Java for 1 year and I'm currently a full-time firefighter and computer science student. Like many others (I assume) Android has brought me to Java.
That all said, I have some (perhaps general) questions that may be painfully obvious...but I' would like to see the answers none the less.
1. When programming, before you became a wizard(when you were in the everything isn't obvious stage); How did you go from idea to implementation?
2. Do you program to the UI or do you program and then design the UI around the code?
3. How do you keep track of code in big projects? I realize that "big" is subjective, so... how do you keep your code organized?
4. Where do you think programming is going? More abstraction, or less ala App inventor/Scratch or scripting?
5. When working on a project, do you skip around or focus on one task until its completed?
6. DVCS or SVN?
7. Do you have any programming "aha!" moments that you can share?
8. To get started in Game programming, how should I think compared to utility or "regular" business type programming?
9. Is recreating games in an attempt to learn a bad idea??
10. Helpful hints for a very green developer?