InDev 13 is here!
This new stable build introduces a ton of new content, tweaks, a better GUI, smaller (but much less resource intensive) maps and many other features.
Originally it was going to be even beefier, but I've decided to push some of InDev 13's planned features into InDev 14 so not to keep you guys from receiving a update for a while. Don't worry, there are no delays. The content you will be getting in 14 you would of gotten around the same time anyway, I just decided to break up InDev 13 into two updates so you can get some of the features a little early.
So, I hope you enjoy the new features!IMPORTANT NOTE:
This build WILL
break all your previous custom maps. You must use the map converter found in the Retro-Pixel Castles install folder to continue using them!
You can report bugs over at the official website's Support and Bugs Forum
, or on the Steam Discussion Board
. InDev 13 Change Log
- New 256x256 map size.
- Added a console based map converter, to convert your maps from the old 512x512 to the new 256x256 system. It can be found in the Retro-Pixel Castles install folder.
- Due to the decreased map size, frame rate, memory usage, and system requirements have dropped dramatically.
- Added new "Wheat Wind" track.
- Converted "The Quiet Forest" and "Hunted" into 8 smaller maps.
- Removed all of the Developer's Choice Maps, except the ones that were originally "Small" or "Medium" sized maps. (Others will be re-added once the authors convert them to their liking.)
- Added a bunch of new tile sets; Sandstone (In Red, Black and Tan), new Rock (in Black, Brown, Red and White).
- Added two new foods, Turnips and Potatoes. But they currently still think they're carrots.
- New map tiles property loader, that helps decrease load time.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes walls would not connect together correctly.
- Drawing in the map editor now no longer replaces the same tile if it already exists.
- Main Menu now loads random maps from the Official Maps pack.
- Added a "Recent News and Announcements" box on the main menu.
- "Stone" resources renamed to "Rock".
- New resources: Boards (Refined logs), Stone (Refined rock) and Crylithium (Refined Crystals).
- Harvesting buildings can now refine the resources brought in into the new refined resources listed above. For example, the Lumber Mill will manufacture boards, and the Crystillery will manufacture Crylithium.
- Completely rebalanced all the building requirements. Many advanced buildings require the new refined resources.
- Added the Small and Regular Crystillary, used for harvesting crystals.
- Added the Cullis Gate, a large Essence Collector like building that will build up and discharge large amounts of energy attempting to summon new villagers into the game ... or other things.
- Rebalanced many of the building costs, and magic based buildings like the Essence Collector and Fire Bolt tower now require crystals to be built.
- Added some new particle effects to the game to use with the new Cullis Gate.
- Added some blue fire flickers to the Essence Collector.
- Essence Collectors and Fire Bolt towers no longer generate essence.
- Essence Collectors and the new Cullis Gate are now fueled with Crylithium.
- Essence Collector's maximum energy reduced to 250.
- Re-added the "Category" frame icons to the Play and Map Editor GUIs.
- Added a pause button for buildings.
- Completely redrawn the bottom pop out GUI in the play mode.
- Completely recoded and redrawn the population tab. The new population tab now lists how many villagers are not employed, homeless, have a mate, or are pregnant along with some other miscellaneous information.
- Added a new buildings tab, based off the new populations tab. The new building tab lists how much total housing you have, how many total workers you have and many other useful tidbits.
- You can click on buildings or villagers in either of the two new tabs to center on them. (Note: Currently, in low resolutions sometimes the center may be under the GUI)
- Many miscellaneous GUI artwork improvements.
- New Mob: The Skeleton. They do not have much health, or hit hard. But they're extremely fast and can sometimes run past your towers.
- Lowered the monster spawn rate substantially.
- Fixed a bug in the map editor's info panel that would not detect if you're trying to use a map name already taken.
- Moved the resource bar in the play mode to above the top GUI.
- Removed the water sparkle trail from Essence.
- Added a new objects tab, when you select an object to build in play mode a small description of that object and the requirements to build it will be displayed.
- Fixed a bug that was causing lag when looking for resources on ground.
- Fixed a bug where villagers would pick up resources to use they shouldn't need, and set them back on the ground.
- Added the Kickstarter Backer's names to the villager name pool.
- Updated the Credits page, adding the additional Kickstarter Backers who submitted their surveys late.
- Added all the Kickstarter Backer's quotes to the game.
- Fixed the lag some users experienced in the credits page.
- Fixed a localization issue that would cause some user's copy of the game to crash attempting t find game resources (Thanks to: khadgar.rumnheim for finding the solution!)
- Tons of under the hood code cleanup.