Thank you guys, for trying out the game! This was just a 'first' preview.
We have collected your feedback and are already working on improving the gameplay.
Concerning the questions:
- The first enemies (Vervedos Rookies) are there to teach you how to fight. There are intentionally unarmored.
- You cannot go over buildings, at least not the highest ones, because we wanted to sandbox the game using 'neighborhoods' and have the players explore the city within the lower areas (where the action takes place).
- Crashing on cars or buildings would work fine on a single or multiplayer game, but it is a more difficult problem to solve on MMORPGs. Taking damage from buildings require server-side collision detection and damage from car-to-car crash, requires very low-latency networking, something you do not have on MMO games. I guess, having a client-based collision effect, could do the trick, at least for now...
- Concerning the level 3 pulse cannon, the icon should be red-ish, indicating that you are not ready to equip it... if not, I guess we found a bug....
- The jMonkeyEngine is a very nice platform. We had the project up and running in a couple of days. The only problem is the applet integration. Unfortunatelly it does not work on Macs, even with the latest 2.8.3 LWJGL (we have a lot of flickering on complex scenes, the mouse does not seem to behave correctly etc). In addition, I am not sure whether LWJGL works with OpenJDK as an applet... which is the default on Linux... it looks like the java ecosystem is going through alot of changes, which is kind of risky and could turn users away from your product, in case it fails to run out of the box.