As you can see there are some people that don't like the site of game engines on this forum
I under exactly where you are coming from, I think building an engine from scratch is a) a good learning exercise for the curious and those that want to learn how b) for those that like to create and want to be involved in everything and c) for those not worried that they will be the only people to use it. It looks like you fall in to all three of those which is great.
So now for some feedback :
- It looks like you are in the early stages of development because the core features you have are basic. Below is a list of features you can look to add if you haven't already (I'm no expert in engines neither but these are features I would want).
- Animation of GUI elements
- Skeletal animation of 3D meshes
- Particle System
- Physics engine
- Collission detection
- Effects such as reflections / bloom etc
- Loading resources is key to making things easier for engine use so adding other loaders will be useful
- If you are using LWJGL you might want to upgrade to version 3
- As other people have already said, if you want us to look at your code then you need to link to it, if not then make it clear in the opening post that you just want advice on features