Hi, I've set up two cylinders with a 6dofconstraint between them, limiting to rotation only. Rotation about the horizontal axis works absolutely fine and I can achieve angles of up to +/-pi/2 as desired. The rotation about the vertical axis however is rather odd. As I reach about 1.05 radians there is a severe vibration of the "head" of the body that I have made.
I have recorded two videos to show what occurs. The description for the first details what I do. The second show that it is highly unlikely to be a collision problem because there is no contact between the two and the problems till occurs.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQu-YyxLvbw
- shows the bughttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wso6HDjqXA
- show the bug without a collision (still occuring with the same behaviour)
I just wanted to see if there are any suggestion for what this could be, I've been working with it for about a week now and I'm just out of idea.
The following are all solutions I have tried:
• Setting restitution (bounciness) to very low –same occurs
• Set both linear and angular damping to a range of values between 0 and 1 – same occurs
• Set angle to begin at greater than 1.05 – same occurs.
• Continue to increase angle beyond 1.05 to see if calms down – opposite occurs and it gets more violent.
• Try on body of just two cylinders – same occurs
• Check for deep penetrations – none present
• Separate two bodies linearly to rule out collision problem but keep the joint the same – same occurs.
• Float the snake (mass = 0f for all parts other than head) above ground to remove ground interaction – same occurs
• Turn off gravity whilst in locked position – behaviour delayed until 1.43rads
• Increase the size (scale) of the snake as it is known for jBullet to have rendering issues with smaller items – no change.
Please account for the fact that the bullet points are just rough notes I've been making as testing so might not make complete sense, but hopefully they do