It's been a little while since I've posted an update for Boris, I hope I'm not breaking any rules by replying to the same topic after so long.
Anyway there have been quite a few changes in various parts of the game. Here goes:
Under the hood I've made some changes to how the Lua scripts are executed. For starters I've been more clever about compiling and execution and this seems to have stabilised the frame rate somewhat. Due to the performance boost I was able to make the way that mobs are managed more flexible and interesting.
As an example I've created a whole new enemy that is almost entirely different from the original. Size, shape, speed, weapon, behaviour, and respect for the laws of gravity have all changed. The only thing that hasn't changed is the venomous hatred for humans in blue jackets. Anyway, they spawn in swarms of 5 or so randomly among the original enemy. The explode on impact so keep your distance.
I've messed with some damage values to hopefully make the game a little more challenging. The blunderbuss isn't a complete waste of time now, especially with the new enemies.
The GUI is so much more advanced than it was. We've got scrolling lists and self refreshing forms in the menus!
You can now save scores to a leaderboard now which is nice.
So yeah, grab the launcher
if you don't have it and go shoot some aliens.