Seems good, but are you intending to add lightning, it will give a much better atmosphere (can be hard to make without opengl).
Also, work out the rpg concept some more, like what will be unique for your game?
Add fire, evryone loves destroying stuff
Yeah i'm still working out how i'm going to get the rpg concept going but I will be doing that after I've got a good base going (Pretty much just add crafting and item stacking because i'm already on my way to survival mode). Also yes fire sounds like a good idea. I just need to figure out how to get it to spread and burn things slowly (like how i need to get the water to flow slowly)
Played the game and it was fun:)
Perhaps you could change the block destruction so the player can only destroy blocks/squares within 3 or so squares of him?
I shall add that to my to-do list. Thanks
There were a few things I wanted to note:
- Water filling a room instantly as soon as a flow to a water source was initiated, would be cool to see that become something more gradual, Terraria style.
- A fall rate which wasn't constant, mainly all movement to be smoothed out and less noticeable changes in direction when jumping.
- being able to place blocks where you stand.
- There's no collision to the sides of tiles so if you jump in a way you can enter the side of a tile and pass through it to the top.
I'm sure a lot of the things I've already said, you had the intention of doing already, Good job with the work
I must say this has inspired me to do something, but I'm not going to tell into I'm ready to show
- I'm working on a water flow.
- I'm not sure how to get gravity properly (any help welcome)
- I will add that to my to-do list
- I will add that to my fix list
Thanks everyone for your support! Would anyone be willing to be support me putting this game on Desura? So far I have it on IndieDB (http://www.indiedb.com/games/metallum
) If so please go check it out and follow if if you want.