I just thought of a new concept and I decided to share it with you.
This idea is to talk about various topics in game developpement using java and share with each other the code that we use to implement these ideas. I will periodically be creating topics about various subjects of interest to java game developper.The goal of this project is to give to developper a chance to compare their codes with each other and, in the process, improve their coding skills.So here is a list of possible topics
(I will be updating this list)
- packaging and deploying applet
- any thing on your mind!
I would suggest to make each subject entry as small as possible to make it easier for people to contribute with solutions or comments.How to contribute?
1. You can simply read the code other. It's always nice to see that someone has interest in your code.
2. Show us your own code!
3. Discuss the code of your fellow community member. (What's good? What's wrong? What could be improve/change?)
4. Vote for your favorite solution. (Why do you prefer this one?)
5. Suggest a subject to be discuss.
6. Or even create your own learning class!Suggestions
I would like to have some feedback about the idea and how it is organize. For example : how the code should be presented? Is making .zip file acceptable or do you prefer to have it on pastebin when it's too big to be on the forum? What template should be use to present each entry.